1. The 20/20 LASIK Promise "20/20 vision or better or it’s FREE" is only made to a person who becomes a qualified candidate.
2. A qualified candidate for the 20/20 LASIK Promise must have received a letter from Auckland Eye advising them that he or she has been deemed a qualified candidate. The decision as to whether a candidate will be deemed a qualified candidate is at the complete discretion of Auckland Eye but will be based on various factors including:
- review of measured prescription (refraction)
- qualifying prescription range must be equal to or less than -4 spherical equivalent with a maximum astigmatism measurement of -1.50DC
- any other tests performed at the time of assessment normal pre-operative criteria must be met i.e. good ocular health, good general health, if female not pregnant or breast-feeding
- signed acceptance of the terms and conditions of 20/20 LASIK Promise
3. The following factors will exclude a candidate from the 20/20 LASIK Promise:
- Prescription over -4 spherical equivalent
- Mixed astigmatism
- Monovision treatment
- Presbyopia only
- Previous ocular problem and/or disease
- Reduced best corrected visual acuity
4. Prior to surgery, Auckland Eye may exclude a candidate from the 20/20 LASIK Promise where the surgeon feels LASIK would not be in the best interest of the individual to achieve a satisfactory visual outcome, or for any reason, at their sole discretion.
5. The 20/20 LASIK Promise provides that the qualified candidate will achieve 20/20 vision or better within the12 month post-procedure period. There is a requirement that the candidate will attend all follow-up visits required by Auckland Eye and to undertake any re-treatments recommended by Auckland Eye to provide the best visual outcome.
6. If a qualified candidate does not achieve 20/20 vision or better within 12 months of the date of the procedure, and provided the qualified candidate has complied with all the conditions of the offer, including attending all required follow-up visits and undertaking all recommended retreatments, then Auckland Eye will refund to the amount paid by the candidate to Auckland Eye in respect of that procedure. This amount shall be the maximum amount refundable by Auckland Eye.
7. 20/20 is a term taken from standard eye testing and means being able to see an object at 20 feet (6 metres) that you should be able to see at 20 feet (6 metres). Thus, 20/20 vision is also described as 6/6. The 20/20 LASIK promise means that when both eyes are tested together without supplemental correction, you will be able to read the majority of letters on the 20/20 (6/6) line of the standard Snellen eye chart, or a projected equivalent, under standard testing conditions. 20/20 does not mean "perfect" vision, and does not imply a total absence of any glare, halo, or reduction in quality of night vision.
8. If your post-operative prescription is within a range of +0.25 to -0.25 with less than -0.25 astigmatism then a re-treatment is unlikely to be recommended as this is an acceptable visual outcome under the terms of this offer. Accordingly, Auckland Eye will not make any refund under this 20/20 LASIK Promise where your post-operative prescription is within a range of +0.25 to -0.25 with less than -0.25 astigmatism. At all times Auckland Eye will act in the patients’ best interest to maximise their visual outcome.
9. Subjective and objective vision checks will be performed at all your follow-up visits to ensure you achieve your best visual potential.
10. Neither Auckland Eye nor any other person or party associated with 20/20 LASIK Promise shall be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the 20/20 LASIK Promise.
11. As the organiser of the 20/20 LASIK Promise, Auckland Eye’s decision is final on all matters pertaining to the 20/20 LASIK Promise and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. All 20/20 LASIK Promise information becomes the property of Auckland Eye. 13. Acceptance of the 20/20 LASIK Promise is full acceptance of all the terms and conditions of the 20/20 LASIK Promise. 14. The 20/20 LASIK Promise applies to laser eye surgery performed 1st January to 31st December 2014 inclusive.