AUCKLAND EYE INSIGHT
OCTOBER 2017, Orakei
Dr Shenton Chew
Title - Gonioscopy - how to and its role in primary angle closure?
This presentation will focus on the art of gonioscopy and how to do this in a systematic way to help in diagnosis and management. It will also cover the referral criteria for primary angle closure disease.
- To develop a comprehensive approach to gonioscopy for the individual
- To understand at what stage a narrow drainage angle needs referral
Dr Phillip Polkinghorne
Presentation title - Clinical Features of Posterior Vitreous Detachment
This presentation will cover the clinical features of Posterior Vitreous Detachment. This will include methods and timing of examination as well as a discussion on the need to re-examine.
- To develop an understanding of methods of diagnosing posterior vitreous detachment and evaluation of risk factors for retinal detachment
- To evaluate the risk factors for retinal tears and or retinal detachment in eyes undergoing a posterior vitreous detachment.
Dr David Pendergast
Presentation title: Clinical Features and Management of Peripheral Corneal Inflammation
This presentation will cover the clinical features of inflammatory conditions of the peripheral cornea. This will include aetiology and spectrum of disease severity, as well as medical and surgical therapy.
- To develop an understanding of clinico-pathology of the marginal keratitis and peripheral ulcerative keratitis spectrum
- To evaluate the benefits and risks of topical therapy and recognise the appropriate time for referral.