New Year's Eye Resolutions
1. I am not going to rub my eyes as this can lead to corneal abrasions.
2. Every 20 minutes I am going to look 20 metres away, for 20 seconds, to give my eyes a break from the computer.
3. I am going to have regular eye tests (every 5 years from 40, every 3 years from 50 and 2 yearly from age 60)
4. I am going to use eye makeup wipes to make sure I get all of my mascara off so it doesn't build up and lead to an infection.
5. I am going to make a conscious effort to take complete blinks (you will know if you are as you will feel your eye lids touching)
6. I am going to exercise not only for my physical well being but also for my eye health!
7. I am going to drink plenty of water.
8. I am going to make sure my diet consists of leafy green vegetables so I am getting Lutein and Zeaxanthin (antioxidants that are stored in the macular)
9. Always wear my sunglasses outdoors, even when its cloudy.
10. Finally consider laser eye surgery - don't put it off for another year.